Immigration is the key issue in the latest from The Cooler director Wayne Kramer. Intersecting stories depict the sacrifices made by newcomers living without green cards — and those made by the authorities (Sean Penn as a border-patrol agent, Harrison Ford as an immigration officer) who help determine their fate. ”Because it’s coming from an emotional point of view and not a political one, there’s no grandstanding,” says Ray Liotta, who plays an applications adjudicator. ”It’s not taking one side or the other.”
Posted August 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday