Immigration is the key issue in the latest from The Cooler director Wayne Kramer. Intersecting stories depict the sacrifices made by newcomers living without green cards — and those made by the authorities (Sean Penn as a border-patrol agent, Harrison Ford as an immigration officer) who help determine their fate. ”Because it’s coming from an emotional point of view and not a political one, there’s no grandstanding,” says Ray Liotta, who plays an applications adjudicator. ”It’s not taking one side or the other.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards: The Winners
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!