Immigration is the key issue in the latest from The Cooler director Wayne Kramer. Intersecting stories depict the sacrifices made by newcomers living without green cards — and those made by the authorities (Sean Penn as a border-patrol agent, Harrison Ford as an immigration officer) who help determine their fate. ”Because it’s coming from an emotional point of view and not a political one, there’s no grandstanding,” says Ray Liotta, who plays an applications adjudicator. ”It’s not taking one side or the other.”
Posted August 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Kevin Bacon, Neil Marshall, and the other Thor to attend Fantasia 2015
- Tatiana Maslany, Haley Joel Osment among cast for 'Locke & Key' audiobook
- Here's your best look yet at the very cool 'No Man's Sky'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!