Immigration is the key issue in the latest from The Cooler director Wayne Kramer. Intersecting stories depict the sacrifices made by newcomers living without green cards — and those made by the authorities (Sean Penn as a border-patrol agent, Harrison Ford as an immigration officer) who help determine their fate. ”Because it’s coming from an emotional point of view and not a political one, there’s no grandstanding,” says Ray Liotta, who plays an applications adjudicator. ”It’s not taking one side or the other.”
Posted August 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers