Immigration is the key issue in the latest from The Cooler director Wayne Kramer. Intersecting stories depict the sacrifices made by newcomers living without green cards — and those made by the authorities (Sean Penn as a border-patrol agent, Harrison Ford as an immigration officer) who help determine their fate. ”Because it’s coming from an emotional point of view and not a political one, there’s no grandstanding,” says Ray Liotta, who plays an applications adjudicator. ”It’s not taking one side or the other.”
Posted August 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'