”I haven’t read a book in years,” reflects one of the bitter dudes in Richard Lange’s gutsy new collection, Dead Boys. ”I stopped because no one was writing about me.” Now someone has. In these potent tales, unhappy males hang on to dismal jobs in cubicles, kill time in seedy doughnut shops, and cling to pathetic dreams of escape. The only beauty to be found in this grim volume is Lange’s extraordinary craftsmanship. A-
Dead Boys ''I haven't read a book in years,'' reflects one of the bitter dudes in Richard Lange's gutsy new collection, Dead Boys. ''I stopped...Dead BoysFiction, Short StoriesRichard Lange ''I haven't read a book in years,'' reflects one of the bitter dudes in Richard Lange's gutsy new collection, Dead Boys. ''I stopped...2007-08-10Little Brown & Company
Genre: Fiction, Short Stories; Author: Richard Lange; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted August 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- World Series: Cubs fans dress for 'Back to the Future'-style outcome
- Stanley Tucci explains why to vote using 'The Three Little Pigs'
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo