”I haven’t read a book in years,” reflects one of the bitter dudes in Richard Lange’s gutsy new collection, Dead Boys. ”I stopped because no one was writing about me.” Now someone has. In these potent tales, unhappy males hang on to dismal jobs in cubicles, kill time in seedy doughnut shops, and cling to pathetic dreams of escape. The only beauty to be found in this grim volume is Lange’s extraordinary craftsmanship. A-
Dead Boys ''I haven't read a book in years,'' reflects one of the bitter dudes in Richard Lange's gutsy new collection, Dead Boys. ''I stopped...Dead BoysFiction, Short StoriesRichard Lange ''I haven't read a book in years,'' reflects one of the bitter dudes in Richard Lange's gutsy new collection, Dead Boys. ''I stopped...2007-08-10Little Brown & Company
Genre: Fiction, Short Stories; Author: Richard Lange; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted August 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Composer John Williams scores AFI Life Achievement Award
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' debuts with scary good ratings
- Bruno Mars teams with 'Empire' producer for NBC family comedy
- See the trailer for Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar