We first previewed this movie in August 2004. Why the delay? ”It had a particular marketing challenge,” says director Griffin Dunne (Practical Magic). ”It takes a very dark turn, and it has a controversial and upsetting moment.” We won’t give anything away, but you can be sure that while this coming-of-age story — about a teenager (Anton Yelchin) and his coke-addled mother (Diane Lane) who stumble onto the lush estate of a billionaire (Donald Sutherland) — sounds pretty dreamy in theory, some serious savagery lurks behind those golden gates.
Posted August 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million