We first previewed this movie in August 2004. Why the delay? ”It had a particular marketing challenge,” says director Griffin Dunne (Practical Magic). ”It takes a very dark turn, and it has a controversial and upsetting moment.” We won’t give anything away, but you can be sure that while this coming-of-age story — about a teenager (Anton Yelchin) and his coke-addled mother (Diane Lane) who stumble onto the lush estate of a billionaire (Donald Sutherland) — sounds pretty dreamy in theory, some serious savagery lurks behind those golden gates.
Posted August 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big