This latest contribution to the booming subgenre of buppie relationship comedies arrives well stocked with sitcom stereotypes: A horny suburban dad (Chris Rock) is tempted to stray with a man-eating vixen (Kerry Washington) when his wife (Gina Torres) stops putting out. There are moments early on when the script for I Think I Love My Wife (which Rock and Louis C.K. adapted from Eric Rohmer’s Chloe in the Afternoon) crackles. But too few to save the film. EXTRAS Lots of ‘em, including some delicious bloopers of Rock riffing on granny panties. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Chris Rock, Gina Torres, Kerry Washington; Director: Chris Rock; Author: Louis C.K., Chris Rock; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted August 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt