This latest contribution to the booming subgenre of buppie relationship comedies arrives well stocked with sitcom stereotypes: A horny suburban dad (Chris Rock) is tempted to stray with a man-eating vixen (Kerry Washington) when his wife (Gina Torres) stops putting out. There are moments early on when the script for I Think I Love My Wife (which Rock and Louis C.K. adapted from Eric Rohmer’s Chloe in the Afternoon) crackles. But too few to save the film. EXTRAS Lots of ‘em, including some delicious bloopers of Rock riffing on granny panties. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Chris Rock, Gina Torres, Kerry Washington; Director: Chris Rock; Author: Louis C.K., Chris Rock; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted August 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters