A mysterious guest (Peter Dinklage) with a secret rattles an already dysfunctional clan at a memorial service for the family patriarch. (Perhaps in homage to the funnier The Wrong Box, undertakers first bring…the wrong box.) By the end of Death at a Funeral’s effortful farce about busted British propriety, you may feel that peculiar facial ache that comes from wishing to laugh with no really satisfying release. Working with a broad script by Dean Craig, director Frank Oz goes for American-style physicality, marching his players around a country house in which a toilet, alas, plays a big part.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Luke Wilson; Director: Neil LaBute; Author: Dean Craig; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted August 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Path' renewed for season 2 on Hulu
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast