A mysterious guest (Peter Dinklage) with a secret rattles an already dysfunctional clan at a memorial service for the family patriarch. (Perhaps in homage to the funnier The Wrong Box, undertakers first bring…the wrong box.) By the end of Death at a Funeral’s effortful farce about busted British propriety, you may feel that peculiar facial ache that comes from wishing to laugh with no really satisfying release. Working with a broad script by Dean Craig, director Frank Oz goes for American-style physicality, marching his players around a country house in which a toilet, alas, plays a big part.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Luke Wilson; Director: Neil LaBute; Author: Dean Craig; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted August 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ann Coulter slammed at Rob Lowe roast for conservative views
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good