It’s been a while since we saw a demagogic feminist exploitation revenge drama, and Descent, while top-heavy with ”agenda,” is shrewdly done. Rosario Dawson goes deep into fear and loathing as Maya, a college student who gets date-raped by the creepily charismatic Jared — played by Chad Faust as a new screen type: an intellectual jock sociopath. Maya’s descent into druggy oblivion is too aimless, but the movie regains its intensity for her shocking payback — a scene that will give any liberal pause, if only to acknowledge the primal power of eye-for-an-eye justice.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Chad Faust; Director: Talia Lugacy; Author: Talia Lugacy, Brian Priest; Release Date Limited: 08/10/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: NC-17; Distributor: City Lights
Posted August 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake