In Miss Piggy’s world, The Dark Crystal = Star Wars + The Hobbit. On a distant planet, two magical races created by the titular object are at war: cruel, buzzardy Skeksis and gentle, slothish Mystics. To end the conflict, a Gelfling named Jen undertakes a heroic quest to fix the cracked gem. LEGACY Codirected with Frank Oz, Henson’s wonderfully weird film casts a convincing spell as an all-Muppet affair; like Tim Burton’s unabashedly artificial visions, you accept Crystal on its own idiosyncratic terms. B+
Posted August 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Josh Gad Voices a Reincarnated Dog in 'A Dog's Purpose' Trailer
- Oprah Winfrey reveals a ‘Queen Sugar’ sex scene gave her an idea
- Clea DuVall on her directorial debut, 'The Intervention'
- DNCE explain the weirdest interpretation of 'Cake by the Ocean'
- 'Freaks and Geeks': John Francis Daley shares behind-the-scenes photos
- Billionaire Richard Branson nearly died in bike crash
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Arrow,' 'Grey's' and more