In Miss Piggy’s world, The Dark Crystal = Star Wars + The Hobbit. On a distant planet, two magical races created by the titular object are at war: cruel, buzzardy Skeksis and gentle, slothish Mystics. To end the conflict, a Gelfling named Jen undertakes a heroic quest to fix the cracked gem. LEGACY Codirected with Frank Oz, Henson’s wonderfully weird film casts a convincing spell as an all-Muppet affair; like Tim Burton’s unabashedly artificial visions, you accept Crystal on its own idiosyncratic terms. B+
Posted August 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!