In Miss Piggy’s world, The Dark Crystal = Star Wars + The Hobbit. On a distant planet, two magical races created by the titular object are at war: cruel, buzzardy Skeksis and gentle, slothish Mystics. To end the conflict, a Gelfling named Jen undertakes a heroic quest to fix the cracked gem. LEGACY Codirected with Frank Oz, Henson’s wonderfully weird film casts a convincing spell as an all-Muppet affair; like Tim Burton’s unabashedly artificial visions, you accept Crystal on its own idiosyncratic terms. B+
Posted August 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters