In Miss Piggy’s world, The Dark Crystal = Star Wars + The Hobbit. On a distant planet, two magical races created by the titular object are at war: cruel, buzzardy Skeksis and gentle, slothish Mystics. To end the conflict, a Gelfling named Jen undertakes a heroic quest to fix the cracked gem. LEGACY Codirected with Frank Oz, Henson’s wonderfully weird film casts a convincing spell as an all-Muppet affair; like Tim Burton’s unabashedly artificial visions, you accept Crystal on its own idiosyncratic terms. B+
Posted August 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on the man who made his 'penis look perfect'
- Adele's 'Carpool Karaoke' clip smashes YouTube records
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds remembers first date with Blake Lively
- Kanye West announces free livestream of Yeezy Season 3
- Waiting for new Harry Potter books, ranked
- Lee Majors to play Ash's dad on 'Ash vs Evil Dead'
- 'Gravity Falls' creator says a revival is 'not inconceivable'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday