He hosts the most popular TV show in America, his nationally syndicated Top 40 countdown is a radio staple, he’s the face of E!’s daily news show, and he’s the heir apparent to the Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve throne. So why, oh, why would Ryan Seacrest put his self-tanned stamp of approval on a reality show about tabloid mainstay Kim Kardashian, whose sex-tape scandal and partying appear to be her only real achievement in life? On Aug. 8, E! said it had greenlit an untitled ”comedy” series — co-created by Seacrest — about Kardashian and her ”modern-day Brady Bunch” family, led by momager Kris and stepfather Bruce Jenner. Given our love for the Idol host, and knowing that he signed a $21 million development and talent deal with E! in 2006, we’re going to choose to believe that the network strongly encouraged him to shepherd this heinoustry of a project.
Posted August 17 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- Honest Trailers takes on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' wins 2016 Man Booker Prize for fiction
- 'Saturday Night Live' election special to recap contentious campaign
- AFI Fest 2016: 'Moana,' 'Miss Sloane,' 'The Comedian' to world premiere
- Shia LaBeouf battles PTSD in new 'Man Down' trailer
- 'Moana' to be first Disney film translated into Tahitian language
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop