If you set a casting machine on ”Random,” you couldn’t come up with a more bizarre quartet than John Travolta, Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, and William H. Macy as middle-aged dweebs on a cross-country Harley trip in Wild Hogs. Throw in Ray Liotta as a badass and Marisa Tomei as a small-town sweetie, and it’s even more surreal. Funny? Just enough. Choice commentary nugget from director Walt Becker: ”Tim really did not want to get hit in the nuts. He’s had enough of that in his career.” EXTRAS A ”How to Get Your Wife to Let You Buy a Motorcycle” featurette? Haw haw. C+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, William H. Macy, Jill Hennessy, Ray Liotta, Marisa Tomei, John Travolta; Director: Walt Becker; Author: Brad Copeland; Release Date Wide: 03/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted August 20 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!