If you set a casting machine on ”Random,” you couldn’t come up with a more bizarre quartet than John Travolta, Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, and William H. Macy as middle-aged dweebs on a cross-country Harley trip in Wild Hogs. Throw in Ray Liotta as a badass and Marisa Tomei as a small-town sweetie, and it’s even more surreal. Funny? Just enough. Choice commentary nugget from director Walt Becker: ”Tim really did not want to get hit in the nuts. He’s had enough of that in his career.” EXTRAS A ”How to Get Your Wife to Let You Buy a Motorcycle” featurette? Haw haw. C+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, William H. Macy, Jill Hennessy, Ray Liotta, Marisa Tomei, John Travolta; Director: Walt Becker; Author: Brad Copeland; Release Date Wide: 03/02/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Killer Croc and the end of the Christopher Nolan era
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!