It would be nice to see a sharp, funny, penetrating satire of the new, kicked-up culture of empty media fame, but Tom DiCillo’s scattershot buddy movie Delirious isn’t it. Steve Buscemi, as an abrasive New York paparazzo, is way too overbearingly scuzzy and ”on edge.” For no good reason, he makes a homeless pretty boy (Michael Pitt) his assistant, and the film turns into Repo Man crossed with Midnight Cowboy, propelled by a kind of generically scruffy indie-movie natter. Then Pitt gets famous, which allows DiCillo to make his big point: that paparazzi are forever on the outside looking in.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Alison Lohman; Director: Tom DiCillo; Author: Tom DiCillo; Release Date Limited: 08/15/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Peace Arch
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!