It would be nice to see a sharp, funny, penetrating satire of the new, kicked-up culture of empty media fame, but Tom DiCillo’s scattershot buddy movie Delirious isn’t it. Steve Buscemi, as an abrasive New York paparazzo, is way too overbearingly scuzzy and ”on edge.” For no good reason, he makes a homeless pretty boy (Michael Pitt) his assistant, and the film turns into Repo Man crossed with Midnight Cowboy, propelled by a kind of generically scruffy indie-movie natter. Then Pitt gets famous, which allows DiCillo to make his big point: that paparazzi are forever on the outside looking in.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Alison Lohman; Director: Tom DiCillo; Author: Tom DiCillo; Release Date Limited: 08/15/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Peace Arch
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!