There’s a moment, early on in Illegal Tender, when Wilson (Rick Gonzalez), an entitled college whiz, follows his widowed mother (Wanda De Jesus) into the basement of their lush Connecticut manse, where she opens a safe and unloads a cache of guns. This is her secret: that they’ve been on the run for 20 years because of something his late father, a ”noble” drug dealer, did. For a second, the movie has the snap of a truly surprising thriller — like a Hispanic Kill Bill — about an aging lioness willing to kill to protect her cub. But then we go back to following the kid, who manages to both mope and strut along the path to manhood.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Wanda De Jesus, Rick Gonzalez, Dania Ramirez; Director: Franc Reyes; Author: Franc Reyes; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What's expiring on Netflix in September
- Neve Campbell 'devastated' by Wes Craven's death
- 'Faking It' boss previews season 2B: New faces, dynamics, and that upcoming Karmy kiss
- Andy Grammer joins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Liam Hemsworth to guest star on ABC's 'The Muppets'
- The Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde criticized for victim-blaming comments
- Wes Craven's in-development TV projects will continue 'in his honor and spirit'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!