As a military commander protecting a 12-year-old descendant of Julius Caesar as the Roman Empire crumbles (long story short, the kid’s sword becomes Excalibur), Colin Firth is noble, mostly. Heading up The Last Legion, an almost touchingly jumbled Dino De Laurentiian historical Euro epic — retro orange color scheme and all — Firth graciously battles Goths out of a Capital One ad, flirts with a Byzantine fighter chick (Aishwarya Rai), and puts up with Ben Kingsley in Yoda mode. Every once in a while, though, Firth’s eyebrow hints, Can you believe I’m wearing this dorky leather breastplate?
Genre: War, Action/Adventure, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Aishwarya Rai, Kevin McKidd, Ben Kingsley, Peter Mullan; Director: Doug Lefler; Author: Jez Butterworth, Tom Butterworth; Release Date Wide: 08/17/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM, The Weinstein Company
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!