As a military commander protecting a 12-year-old descendant of Julius Caesar as the Roman Empire crumbles (long story short, the kid’s sword becomes Excalibur), Colin Firth is noble, mostly. Heading up The Last Legion, an almost touchingly jumbled Dino De Laurentiian historical Euro epic — retro orange color scheme and all — Firth graciously battles Goths out of a Capital One ad, flirts with a Byzantine fighter chick (Aishwarya Rai), and puts up with Ben Kingsley in Yoda mode. Every once in a while, though, Firth’s eyebrow hints, Can you believe I’m wearing this dorky leather breastplate?
Genre: War, Action/Adventure, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Aishwarya Rai, Kevin McKidd, Ben Kingsley, Peter Mullan; Director: Doug Lefler; Author: Jez Butterworth, Tom Butterworth; Release Date Wide: 08/17/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM, The Weinstein Company
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel, Darren Criss, more sing at DNC
- ‘Wayward Pines’ finale postmortem: EP on what that last scene means
- 'Kingdom' star Kiele Sanchez talks tackling a miscarriage on TV
- Angela Bassett speaks out against gun violence at DNC
- Donald Trump thanks police, attacks 'Crooked Hillary' in Reddit AMA
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels