As a military commander protecting a 12-year-old descendant of Julius Caesar as the Roman Empire crumbles (long story short, the kid’s sword becomes Excalibur), Colin Firth is noble, mostly. Heading up The Last Legion, an almost touchingly jumbled Dino De Laurentiian historical Euro epic — retro orange color scheme and all — Firth graciously battles Goths out of a Capital One ad, flirts with a Byzantine fighter chick (Aishwarya Rai), and puts up with Ben Kingsley in Yoda mode. Every once in a while, though, Firth’s eyebrow hints, Can you believe I’m wearing this dorky leather breastplate?
Genre: War, Action/Adventure, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Aishwarya Rai, Kevin McKidd, Ben Kingsley, Peter Mullan; Director: Doug Lefler; Author: Jez Butterworth, Tom Butterworth; Release Date Wide: 08/17/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM, The Weinstein Company
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- 'Batmetal Returns' to cover Dethklok, and destroy some of your favorite cartoon characters
- Cute 10-year-old girl stymies NFL stars with great questions
- Ansel Elgort to star in '80s CIA drama 'Code Name Veil'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!