As a military commander protecting a 12-year-old descendant of Julius Caesar as the Roman Empire crumbles (long story short, the kid’s sword becomes Excalibur), Colin Firth is noble, mostly. Heading up The Last Legion, an almost touchingly jumbled Dino De Laurentiian historical Euro epic — retro orange color scheme and all — Firth graciously battles Goths out of a Capital One ad, flirts with a Byzantine fighter chick (Aishwarya Rai), and puts up with Ben Kingsley in Yoda mode. Every once in a while, though, Firth’s eyebrow hints, Can you believe I’m wearing this dorky leather breastplate?
Genre: War, Action/Adventure, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Aishwarya Rai, Kevin McKidd, Ben Kingsley, Peter Mullan; Director: Doug Lefler; Author: Jez Butterworth, Tom Butterworth; Release Date Wide: 08/17/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM, The Weinstein Company
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York
- Watch the trailer for HBO's 'Larry Kramer in Love & Anger'
- Sir Ian McKellen on coming out: 'I became not just a happier person, but a better actor'
- Suspect arrested in Lil Wayne tour bus shooting
- Heavy metal fans are the most loyal, Spotify says
- James Franco yells about poop in Shia LaBeouf parody video