Rowan Atkinson, his face in Mr. Bean’s Holiday as pinched and gleaming as a Richard Nixon mask, is still doing his bit to keep classic screen comedy alive. Once again, Mr. Bean, the childlike British idiot — he’s the walking id as Twit of the Year — tries to extricate himself from the mishaps he creates, which only results in more spectacular disaster. On a holiday to France, Bean eats oysters (a great joke), then gets stranded in the country, which for a while strands the film. But Atkinson’s goofball grotesquerie never lets up — right through to the inspired finale, which could have been called A Day at the Cannes Film Festival.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Max Baldry, Willem Dafoe; Director: Steve Bendelack; Author: Hamish McColl; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big