Rowan Atkinson, his face in Mr. Bean’s Holiday as pinched and gleaming as a Richard Nixon mask, is still doing his bit to keep classic screen comedy alive. Once again, Mr. Bean, the childlike British idiot — he’s the walking id as Twit of the Year — tries to extricate himself from the mishaps he creates, which only results in more spectacular disaster. On a holiday to France, Bean eats oysters (a great joke), then gets stranded in the country, which for a while strands the film. But Atkinson’s goofball grotesquerie never lets up — right through to the inspired finale, which could have been called A Day at the Cannes Film Festival.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Max Baldry, Willem Dafoe; Director: Steve Bendelack; Author: Hamish McColl; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!