Rowan Atkinson, his face in Mr. Bean’s Holiday as pinched and gleaming as a Richard Nixon mask, is still doing his bit to keep classic screen comedy alive. Once again, Mr. Bean, the childlike British idiot — he’s the walking id as Twit of the Year — tries to extricate himself from the mishaps he creates, which only results in more spectacular disaster. On a holiday to France, Bean eats oysters (a great joke), then gets stranded in the country, which for a while strands the film. But Atkinson’s goofball grotesquerie never lets up — right through to the inspired finale, which could have been called A Day at the Cannes Film Festival.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Max Baldry, Willem Dafoe; Director: Steve Bendelack; Author: Hamish McColl; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!