Rowan Atkinson, his face in Mr. Bean’s Holiday as pinched and gleaming as a Richard Nixon mask, is still doing his bit to keep classic screen comedy alive. Once again, Mr. Bean, the childlike British idiot — he’s the walking id as Twit of the Year — tries to extricate himself from the mishaps he creates, which only results in more spectacular disaster. On a holiday to France, Bean eats oysters (a great joke), then gets stranded in the country, which for a while strands the film. But Atkinson’s goofball grotesquerie never lets up — right through to the inspired finale, which could have been called A Day at the Cannes Film Festival.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Max Baldry, Willem Dafoe; Director: Steve Bendelack; Author: Hamish McColl; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- Director John Carpenter pays tribute to the late Wes Craven
- Read Kanye West's epic VMAs speech in full
- Hollywood pays tribute to horror master Wes Craven
- Nicki Minaj's Miley Cyrus VMAs moment were not staged
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!