Rowan Atkinson, his face in Mr. Bean’s Holiday as pinched and gleaming as a Richard Nixon mask, is still doing his bit to keep classic screen comedy alive. Once again, Mr. Bean, the childlike British idiot — he’s the walking id as Twit of the Year — tries to extricate himself from the mishaps he creates, which only results in more spectacular disaster. On a holiday to France, Bean eats oysters (a great joke), then gets stranded in the country, which for a while strands the film. But Atkinson’s goofball grotesquerie never lets up — right through to the inspired finale, which could have been called A Day at the Cannes Film Festival.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Max Baldry, Willem Dafoe; Director: Steve Bendelack; Author: Hamish McColl; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'