There are few cinematic crimes more heinous than making a boring action movie. Sadly, that’s what the first hour of Triads-versus-Yakuza thriller War is. We watch, idly, as Jason Statham’s dour, fuzzy FBI agent tracks the mysterious hitman (Jet Li) who killed his best friend and his family. And just as you think to yourself, ”This flick would be way better if it had Van Damme playing twins,” along comes a plot twist so ingenious that it almost redeems the rest of the flick. In fact, you kinda feel bad for the twist itself, which deserved a better home.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jet Li, Jason Statham; Director: Phillip Atwell; Author: Gregory J. Bradley, Lee Anthony Smith; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big