There are few cinematic crimes more heinous than making a boring action movie. Sadly, that’s what the first hour of Triads-versus-Yakuza thriller War is. We watch, idly, as Jason Statham’s dour, fuzzy FBI agent tracks the mysterious hitman (Jet Li) who killed his best friend and his family. And just as you think to yourself, ”This flick would be way better if it had Van Damme playing twins,” along comes a plot twist so ingenious that it almost redeems the rest of the flick. In fact, you kinda feel bad for the twist itself, which deserved a better home.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jet Li, Jason Statham; Director: Phillip Atwell; Author: Gregory J. Bradley, Lee Anthony Smith; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016