There are few cinematic crimes more heinous than making a boring action movie. Sadly, that’s what the first hour of Triads-versus-Yakuza thriller War is. We watch, idly, as Jason Statham’s dour, fuzzy FBI agent tracks the mysterious hitman (Jet Li) who killed his best friend and his family. And just as you think to yourself, ”This flick would be way better if it had Van Damme playing twins,” along comes a plot twist so ingenious that it almost redeems the rest of the flick. In fact, you kinda feel bad for the twist itself, which deserved a better home.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jet Li, Jason Statham; Director: Phillip Atwell; Author: Gregory J. Bradley, Lee Anthony Smith; Release Date Wide: 08/24/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations