The Wheel of Darkness’ FBI special agent Pendergast thinks like Sherlock Holmes, fights like James Bond, and looks like Andy Warhol. In his eighth outing, he and his ward, Constance, hunt for a spooky Buddhist artifact on a swank cruise ship. After some grisly murders, Pendergast deploys intellect, fists, electronic gizmos, and Tibetan meditation techniques leading to ”the Doorstep to Perfect Emptiness.” Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child’s rousing mash-up of high-tech thrills and occult esoterica is aided by Pendergast’s droll, retro charm; his idea of trash talk is calling someone an ”ill-mannered cur.” A-
The Wheel of Darkness The Wheel of Darkness' FBI special agent Pendergast thinks like Sherlock Holmes, fights like James Bond, and looks like Andy Warhol. In...The Wheel of DarknessFiction, Mystery and ThrillerDouglas Preston The Wheel of Darkness' FBI special agent Pendergast thinks like Sherlock Holmes, fights like James Bond, and looks like Andy Warhol. In...2007-08-31Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Douglas Preston; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted August 31 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!