The Wheel of Darkness’ FBI special agent Pendergast thinks like Sherlock Holmes, fights like James Bond, and looks like Andy Warhol. In his eighth outing, he and his ward, Constance, hunt for a spooky Buddhist artifact on a swank cruise ship. After some grisly murders, Pendergast deploys intellect, fists, electronic gizmos, and Tibetan meditation techniques leading to ”the Doorstep to Perfect Emptiness.” Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child’s rousing mash-up of high-tech thrills and occult esoterica is aided by Pendergast’s droll, retro charm; his idea of trash talk is calling someone an ”ill-mannered cur.” A-
The Wheel of Darkness The Wheel of Darkness' FBI special agent Pendergast thinks like Sherlock Holmes, fights like James Bond, and looks like Andy Warhol. In...The Wheel of DarknessFiction, Mystery and ThrillerDouglas Preston The Wheel of Darkness' FBI special agent Pendergast thinks like Sherlock Holmes, fights like James Bond, and looks like Andy Warhol. In...2007-08-31Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Douglas Preston; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted August 31 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- YouTube stars unite for first all-female 'Girls' Night In' tour
- LeBron James hints at role in 'Space Jam 2'
- Neil Young pulls music from streaming services
- Alec Baldwin auditioned to play Henry Hill in 'Goodfellas'
- Jason Sudeikis to star in really unique Fox comedy project
- Meet Stone Crandall, Chris Hemsworth's well-endowed hunk in 'Vacation'
- Exclusive photos and intel on new characters from season 6 of ‘The Walking Dead'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!