While prepping his feature directorial debut, Jake Paltrow wasn’t keen on sibling synergy — but his sister was. ”I was like, ‘Can I be in it?”’ Gwyneth recalled at Sundance, where the film premiered. ”He kept resisting.” Eventually, she landed a role as the dowdy girlfriend of an ex-pop star (Martin Freeman) so bored he prefers to live in his dreams. ”He becomes obsessed with being fulfilled in his sleep,” says Jake, ”and figures out a way to dedicate himself to that pursuit all the time.” The allure of dreamland? Plain and simple: the stunning Penélope Cruz.
Posted September 14 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop