Is this perfume ad, for Diddy’s “Unforgivable Woman” fragrance, really too steamy for cable? Methinks someone is protesting too much. If MTV, after airing countless spring-break and Real World gropefests, objects to the clip below, it’s probably due to the ad’s extreme length, not its sensuality. If MTV did squelch the ad, they did Diddy a favor, since without the controversy, there’s nothing here that would be too hot for even a network TV drama like, say, Men in Trees. Not sure what’s so “unforgivable” here, except maybe the spot’s underlying message: that if you wear this fragrance to a bar and Diddy is there (and if you look like model Jessica Gomez), he’ll take you to a hotel room for a night of nuzzling and some implied casual sex, after which he’ll quickly dress and be on his way. Is that really a selling point? If you still care, check out the clip below, which is hosted on Diddy’s MySpace page.
Posted September 19 2007 — 10:00 AM EDT
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories