There’s comfort to be had in the plot geometry of The Jane Austen Book Club, a photogenic adaptation of Karen Joy Fowler’s 2004 best-seller. Behold six Austen books, six book-club members who meet over the course of six months, six California lifestyle stories that echo the romantic dilemmas faced by Austen’s characters, and one chance to see The Devil Wears Prada’s Emily Blunt as a prissy high school French teacher who bugs the group with her airs. For a visual bonus, Hugh Dancy appears in bike shorts as the lone male Jane-ite.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Emily Blunt, Hugh Dancy, Maggie Grace, Jimmy Smits; Director: Robin Swicord; Author: Robin Swicord; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted September 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Best moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunited with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!