There’s comfort to be had in the plot geometry of The Jane Austen Book Club, a photogenic adaptation of Karen Joy Fowler’s 2004 best-seller. Behold six Austen books, six book-club members who meet over the course of six months, six California lifestyle stories that echo the romantic dilemmas faced by Austen’s characters, and one chance to see The Devil Wears Prada’s Emily Blunt as a prissy high school French teacher who bugs the group with her airs. For a visual bonus, Hugh Dancy appears in bike shorts as the lone male Jane-ite.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Emily Blunt, Hugh Dancy, Maggie Grace, Jimmy Smits; Director: Robin Swicord; Author: Robin Swicord; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: ‘not perfect,' 'determined’
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A