It could be déjà vu all over again (and again) for Denzel Washington and Tony Scott. EW.com has learned that Washington is in negotiations to star in a Scott-directed remake of The Taking of Pelham One Two Three for Sony. (The studio declined to comment.) Based on the 1974 movie starring Walter Matthau, Pelham would feature Washington as a cop who must stop a hijacked subway car. The movie would mark the fourth pairing of Washington and Scott. Their previous collaborations include the kidnapping drama Man on Fire, the submarine thriller Crimson Tide, and last year’s Déjà Vu, about a ferry boat explosion. Now, with this subway movie on track, we’re dying to see which mode of transportation they tackle next. Air Force Two, perhaps?
Posted September 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing