It could be déjà vu all over again (and again) for Denzel Washington and Tony Scott. EW.com has learned that Washington is in negotiations to star in a Scott-directed remake of The Taking of Pelham One Two Three for Sony. (The studio declined to comment.) Based on the 1974 movie starring Walter Matthau, Pelham would feature Washington as a cop who must stop a hijacked subway car. The movie would mark the fourth pairing of Washington and Scott. Their previous collaborations include the kidnapping drama Man on Fire, the submarine thriller Crimson Tide, and last year’s Déjà Vu, about a ferry boat explosion. Now, with this subway movie on track, we’re dying to see which mode of transportation they tackle next. Air Force Two, perhaps?
Posted September 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'