It could be déjà vu all over again (and again) for Denzel Washington and Tony Scott. EW.com has learned that Washington is in negotiations to star in a Scott-directed remake of The Taking of Pelham One Two Three for Sony. (The studio declined to comment.) Based on the 1974 movie starring Walter Matthau, Pelham would feature Washington as a cop who must stop a hijacked subway car. The movie would mark the fourth pairing of Washington and Scott. Their previous collaborations include the kidnapping drama Man on Fire, the submarine thriller Crimson Tide, and last year’s Déjà Vu, about a ferry boat explosion. Now, with this subway movie on track, we’re dying to see which mode of transportation they tackle next. Air Force Two, perhaps?
Posted September 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Kate Winslet became an unsinkable acting force
- Iggy Azalea announces new album title, and says a new single is on the way
- See Zachary Levi and Neil Patrick Harris compete in 'Laser Maze' on 'Best Time Ever'
- Beach House announce surprise sixth album, due next week
- The 'Sherlock' Christmas special trailer is here!
- 'Old Yeller' actor Kevin Corcoran dies at 66
- Lance Bass says someone 'inappropriately' touched him during early *NSYNC days