Feast of Love, Robert Benton’s bobos-in-love ensemble drama, adapted from the Charles Baxter college-town novel, is far too cloyingly pleased with its own humanity. Greg Kinnear, as a Portland coffee-bar owner who loses his wife (Selma Blair) to another woman, is the divorcé as sad-eyed puppy, and Morgan Freeman, as a professor recovering from the death of his son, lays on the life-affirming pensées. Radha Mitchell, playing a real estate agent trapped in a sordid affair, has vibrance, but the film wastes no time reducing her to another soddenly ”innocent” romantic. C
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Selma Blair, Morgan Freeman, Greg Kinnear; Director: Robert Benton; Author: Robert Benton, Alison Burnett; Release Date Limited: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations