Feast of Love, Robert Benton’s bobos-in-love ensemble drama, adapted from the Charles Baxter college-town novel, is far too cloyingly pleased with its own humanity. Greg Kinnear, as a Portland coffee-bar owner who loses his wife (Selma Blair) to another woman, is the divorcé as sad-eyed puppy, and Morgan Freeman, as a professor recovering from the death of his son, lays on the life-affirming pensées. Radha Mitchell, playing a real estate agent trapped in a sordid affair, has vibrance, but the film wastes no time reducing her to another soddenly ”innocent” romantic. C
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Selma Blair, Morgan Freeman, Greg Kinnear; Director: Robert Benton; Author: Robert Benton, Alison Burnett; Release Date Limited: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings 'Bad Romance' with James Corden
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'