Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert investigates conspiracies like Hillary Clinton's health
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...