Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pink Floyd announce massive 27-disc collection covering 1965 to 1972
- MTV classics 'Laguna Beach,' 'Daria,' and more coming back to cable
- M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'
- 'Suicide Squad' score: Listen to the first track
- 'Preacher': Tulip wants Jesse to do something nasty in exclusive clip
- 5 football docuseries to prepare you for the NFL season
- Bruce Springsteen to release companion album to memoir
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?