Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!