Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway