Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup