Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'High Sparrow'
- Disney's 'Descendants' trailer: It's like 'High School Musical,' but with magic
- 'Ridiculous Six' Native American actors threaten to walk off in video
- German movie theaters boycott 'Ultron'
- 'Super Troopers 2' nets $4.4M from fans
- Everything Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, ranked
- Melissa Rivers pays tribute to Joan Rivers at Daytime Emmys