Having tamed one muscled man-child (Vin Diesel in The Pacifier), Disney sets its sights on The Rock. He preens winningly in The Game Plan as Joe Kingman, a star quarterback with the kind of empty, Sharper Image-bachelor-pad life guys are supposed to crave, then deplore on cue when an adorable child (Madison Pettis) arrives. Said kid is Kingman’s daughter (surprise result of some long-forgotten sayonara sex), and, oddly, she’s not such a handful. The lesson seems to be, ”Think you can’t have it all? You can!” Which, as we know, is what parenting is all about. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick, Morris Chestnut, Roselyn Sanchez; Director: Andy Fickman; Author: Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price; Release Date Wide: 09/28/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How 'Vinyl' star Bobby Cannavale tormented the director of 'Ant-Man'
- Frank Grillo fights to protect a senator in 'The Purge: Election Year' trailer
- See Larry David break repeatedly in 'SNL' outtake reel
- I'm watching 'Dance Moms' with my 8-year-old twin daughters: Episode 7
- Ryan Reynolds: 'Having a daughter was a dream come true'
- Gwen Stefani announces album release date
- Control an army of Autobots or Decepticons in this upcoming 'Transformers' mobile game