Can we finally just admit that Dane Cook isn’t funny? In a comedy so lame its plot could’ve been swiped from a Bazooka Joe wrapper, Cook plays a dentist with a curse: Each girl he dates winds up marrying the next guy she dates after him. Jessica Alba, who you’d think would know better, plays the klutzy dream girl who makes Cook’s jackass want to be a better man. Good Luck Chuck won’t do Alba’s career any favors. But who knows? By the film’s own harebrained logic, maybe her next costar will be someone who can actually act. F
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jessica Alba, Dane Cook; Director: Mark Helfrich; Author: Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Britney Spears set to perform on 'TODAY' show
- 'DWTS': And the fall 2016 celebrities are ...
- Kings of Leon's frontman reflects on cutting 7th record
- Director Brad Bird gives update on 'The Incredibles 2'
- Riz Ahmed makes powerful statement about identity on 'The Late Show'
- Justin Bieber nabs 8 Guinness World Records
- Justin Guarini joins cast of 'Frozen' songwriter’s a cappella musical