Can we finally just admit that Dane Cook isn’t funny? In a comedy so lame its plot could’ve been swiped from a Bazooka Joe wrapper, Cook plays a dentist with a curse: Each girl he dates winds up marrying the next guy she dates after him. Jessica Alba, who you’d think would know better, plays the klutzy dream girl who makes Cook’s jackass want to be a better man. Good Luck Chuck won’t do Alba’s career any favors. But who knows? By the film’s own harebrained logic, maybe her next costar will be someone who can actually act. F
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jessica Alba, Dane Cook; Director: Mark Helfrich; Author: Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read the heartwarming story behind one of the new droids in 'Star Wars'
- Bono on U2's return to Paris: 'Nothing will stop us from going back'
- Mark and Jay Duplass essay collection coming in 2017
- A look at the best 'Star Wars'-'Hamilton' #Force4Ham mash-ups
- Nickelodeon to air special series finale of 'Nick News With Linda Ellerbee'
- See Julianne Moore cry on cue for cash on 'Billy on the Street'
- Adele shares details about '25' outtakes