Can we finally just admit that Dane Cook isn’t funny? In a comedy so lame its plot could’ve been swiped from a Bazooka Joe wrapper, Cook plays a dentist with a curse: Each girl he dates winds up marrying the next guy she dates after him. Jessica Alba, who you’d think would know better, plays the klutzy dream girl who makes Cook’s jackass want to be a better man. Good Luck Chuck won’t do Alba’s career any favors. But who knows? By the film’s own harebrained logic, maybe her next costar will be someone who can actually act. F
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jessica Alba, Dane Cook; Director: Mark Helfrich; Author: Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!