Can we finally just admit that Dane Cook isn’t funny? In a comedy so lame its plot could’ve been swiped from a Bazooka Joe wrapper, Cook plays a dentist with a curse: Each girl he dates winds up marrying the next guy she dates after him. Jessica Alba, who you’d think would know better, plays the klutzy dream girl who makes Cook’s jackass want to be a better man. Good Luck Chuck won’t do Alba’s career any favors. But who knows? By the film’s own harebrained logic, maybe her next costar will be someone who can actually act. F
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jessica Alba, Dane Cook; Director: Mark Helfrich; Author: Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'