The title gives one hope: Could this be curtains for the stubbornly undead franchise? Unfortunately, Resident Evil: Extinction plays like a flabby middle chapter, full of nerdy details (we practically get an org chart of the Umbrella Corporation, author of a globe-spanning zombie plague) but fraudulently short on the ruined Vegas-scape that ads have been promising. Our hero Alice (Milla Jovovich, bioengineered for joyless, over-choreographed carnage) spends all of 10 minutes there — and she doesn’t even visit a zombie casino! C-
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ali Larter; Director: Russell Mulcahy; Author: Paul Anderson (Director); Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team
- Paramount sets digital dates for 'Scouts Guide,' 'Paranormal Activity' under flexible release plan
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: J.J. Abrams (sort of) decodes 'Star Wars' cast photo
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' wins NBR award for best film
- See Dave Grohl compete in a drum-off against Animal on 'The Muppets'
- Marching band masterfully covers Adele's 'Hello'
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists