The title gives one hope: Could this be curtains for the stubbornly undead franchise? Unfortunately, Resident Evil: Extinction plays like a flabby middle chapter, full of nerdy details (we practically get an org chart of the Umbrella Corporation, author of a globe-spanning zombie plague) but fraudulently short on the ruined Vegas-scape that ads have been promising. Our hero Alice (Milla Jovovich, bioengineered for joyless, over-choreographed carnage) spends all of 10 minutes there — and she doesn’t even visit a zombie casino! C-
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ali Larter; Director: Russell Mulcahy; Author: Paul Anderson (Director); Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'