The title gives one hope: Could this be curtains for the stubbornly undead franchise? Unfortunately, Resident Evil: Extinction plays like a flabby middle chapter, full of nerdy details (we practically get an org chart of the Umbrella Corporation, author of a globe-spanning zombie plague) but fraudulently short on the ruined Vegas-scape that ads have been promising. Our hero Alice (Milla Jovovich, bioengineered for joyless, over-choreographed carnage) spends all of 10 minutes there — and she doesn’t even visit a zombie casino! C-
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ali Larter; Director: Russell Mulcahy; Author: Paul Anderson (Director); Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!