The title gives one hope: Could this be curtains for the stubbornly undead franchise? Unfortunately, Resident Evil: Extinction plays like a flabby middle chapter, full of nerdy details (we practically get an org chart of the Umbrella Corporation, author of a globe-spanning zombie plague) but fraudulently short on the ruined Vegas-scape that ads have been promising. Our hero Alice (Milla Jovovich, bioengineered for joyless, over-choreographed carnage) spends all of 10 minutes there — and she doesn’t even visit a zombie casino! C-
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ali Larter; Director: Russell Mulcahy; Author: Paul Anderson (Director); Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten talks nude scenes, the Red Woman's agenda (spoiler-free)
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling apologizes to fans for a 'Harry Potter' character's death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!