The title gives one hope: Could this be curtains for the stubbornly undead franchise? Unfortunately, Resident Evil: Extinction plays like a flabby middle chapter, full of nerdy details (we practically get an org chart of the Umbrella Corporation, author of a globe-spanning zombie plague) but fraudulently short on the ruined Vegas-scape that ads have been promising. Our hero Alice (Milla Jovovich, bioengineered for joyless, over-choreographed carnage) spends all of 10 minutes there — and she doesn’t even visit a zombie casino! C-
Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror; Starring: Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ali Larter; Director: Russell Mulcahy; Author: Paul Anderson (Director); Release Date Wide: 09/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Frozen' musical conjures new director, designer
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born to Run' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Edge of Seventeen' set as centerpiece selection at Austin Film Festival
- Eric McCormack on the surprise 'Will & Grace' reunion
- Megan Mullally on 'Will & Grace' reunion: 'Like no time had passed'
- Tom Holland suits up in new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' set photo
- Viola Davis to star in Steve McQueen's upcoming thriller, 'Widows'