Revenge of the Nerds is way cooler in its proud defense of geekosity, no question. But anti-ditz role model Amanda Bynes just happens to be cute, the way she rolls her eyes and twists her lipglossy smile in Sydney White, a perky and chaste Y.A. update on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. As Sydney, a motherless plumber’s daughter and college freshman rejected by her dream sorority’s evil sisters, Bynes moves into loser campus housing with seven guy dorks and does great things. Like, fix the bathroom sink. And snag the campus prince. B-
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters