Revenge of the Nerds is way cooler in its proud defense of geekosity, no question. But anti-ditz role model Amanda Bynes just happens to be cute, the way she rolls her eyes and twists her lipglossy smile in Sydney White, a perky and chaste Y.A. update on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. As Sydney, a motherless plumber’s daughter and college freshman rejected by her dream sorority’s evil sisters, Bynes moves into loser campus housing with seven guy dorks and does great things. Like, fix the bathroom sink. And snag the campus prince. B-
Posted September 26 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Maher gives commencement speech from the year 2041 on 'Real Time'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Behind the climactic Beast & Psylocke battle
- Jimmy Fallon, Maya Rudolph, Martin Short star in cop show spoof
- Rashida Jones teaches Stephen Colbert how to be a feminist
- Donald Trump's 'senior junior strategist' explains insult campaign
- Shonda Rhimes, Art Garfunkel almost fought during 'Hamilton'
- 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' pushed to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien recovers
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers