In Texas Hold ‘Em, flop refers to the moment the dealer turns over three cards. Alas, Vegas romance Lucky You suggests another meaning of the word. Eric Bana plays Huck, a poker ace who falls for Drew Barrymore’s lounge singer. Director Curtis Hanson (L.A. Confidential) squeezes some suspense out of the card games — particularly those with Robert Duvall as Huck’s estranged dad — but his chemistry-starved stars are dealt a losing hand. EXTRAS Mini-docs and deleted scenes reinforce the sage advice of Kenny Rogers: Know when to walk away, know when to run. C-
(Merie W. Wallace)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Eric Bana, Drew Barrymore, Robert Duvall, Debra Messing; Director: Curtis Hanson; Author: Curtis Hanson, Eric Roth; Release Date Wide: 05/04/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted September 27 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'