Penned by two ex-instructors, this mockumentary examines what transpires in a teachers’ lounge. Chalk’s humor is dry when drawing on stereotypes — like a coach’s claim that ”not all PE teachers are gay” — but the film also purveys true pedagogical gems: Painfully aware of their role-model status, the educators must justify their own shortcomings when confronted with failure, or worse, that of their students. EXTRAS Commentary from the creative team and ”My Most Inspirational Teacher” essays from the cast and crew earn extra credit. A-
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Chris Mass, Troy Schremmer; Director: Mike Akel; Author: Mike Akel; Release Date Limited: 04/11/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Arts Alliance America
Posted September 28 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big