To grab a little lyrical inspiration from the artist in question, no one, no one, no one is going to get too excited one way or the other about Alicia Keys’ conceptually murky new video for “No One.” I mean, Keys is a lovely vision rocking four different outfits/hairstyles, and there’s nothing objectionable about any of ‘em — unless you have strong, negative feelings about the return of the Flashdance look. On the other hand, how come the quartet of Alicias are stuck inside a watch? (Or is it a clock?) What’s with the blatant product placement when the action jumps to a Sony-brand flat-screen TV? And how come Alicia in the Rain’s section of the timepiece turns into a joyous block party by video’s end, while the other three Alicia Models remain isolated? It’s almost as if, alone, Flashdance Alicia has cried, silent tears, full of pride. Sorry, that was lame, but I bet at least a third of you started humming “What a Feeling” the minute you saw her off-the-shoulder gray sweatshirt. Not that has anything to do with anything. So back on the subject, what do you think about the video for “No One”? Take your passion, and make it happen, in the comments section below.
Posted October 1 2007 — 2:05 PM EDT
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!