Marketed initially for the big screen as a horror film, from Exorcist director William Friedkin no less, Bug is actually a tragic love story about two broken people holed up in the lonely world of a motel room. Ashley Judd, in a raw, riveting performance, plays an Oklahoma barmaid who falls for a soldier (Michael Shannon) with schizophrenic delusions — the creepy-crawly kind. Their descent into paranoia bonds them in strangely beautiful fashion. EXTRAS Too much Friedkin, and not enough from the actors, whose stellar work is what burrows into the viewer’s head. A-
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ashley Judd, Michael Shannon; Director: William Friedkin; Author: Tracy Letts; Release Date Wide: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Jon Favreau to direct a new adaptation of 'The Lion King'
- 'Magicians' series author Lev Grossman is writing a book about Camelot
- 'Pretty Little Liars' boss reveals series finale title
- Mandy Moore talks ex Wilmer Valderrama dating pal Minka Kelly
- Alicia Machado had eating disorder when Trump called her 'Miss Piggy'
- WATCH: Trailer debuts for doc 'Sky Ladder: The Art of Cai Guo-Qiang'