Marketed initially for the big screen as a horror film, from Exorcist director William Friedkin no less, Bug is actually a tragic love story about two broken people holed up in the lonely world of a motel room. Ashley Judd, in a raw, riveting performance, plays an Oklahoma barmaid who falls for a soldier (Michael Shannon) with schizophrenic delusions — the creepy-crawly kind. Their descent into paranoia bonds them in strangely beautiful fashion. EXTRAS Too much Friedkin, and not enough from the actors, whose stellar work is what burrows into the viewer’s head. A-
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ashley Judd, Michael Shannon; Director: William Friedkin; Author: Tracy Letts; Release Date Wide: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andy Samberg freestyles about bananas in Lonely Island 'Popstar' clip
- Nick Jonas on Miley Cyrus: 'I'm proud of her'
- Kate Beckinsale reveals her chocolate prank on 'Graham Norton Show'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Inside Quicksilver's show-stopping rescue sequence
- 'Star Trek V: The Final Frontier': Surreal, barely finished, oddly fun
- Kickstarter campaign launches to republish Joe Lansdale's 'Red Range'
- Maisie Williams phones into radio interview with Kit Harington
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers