Marketed initially for the big screen as a horror film, from Exorcist director William Friedkin no less, Bug is actually a tragic love story about two broken people holed up in the lonely world of a motel room. Ashley Judd, in a raw, riveting performance, plays an Oklahoma barmaid who falls for a soldier (Michael Shannon) with schizophrenic delusions — the creepy-crawly kind. Their descent into paranoia bonds them in strangely beautiful fashion. EXTRAS Too much Friedkin, and not enough from the actors, whose stellar work is what burrows into the viewer’s head. A-
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ashley Judd, Michael Shannon; Director: William Friedkin; Author: Tracy Letts; Release Date Wide: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!