In this memoir, the PR director at a tony Midwestern private school confesses that his job is more like a glorified manservant to wealthy ”Mean Mommies.” He faces the daily humiliation of having to suck up to said mommies while also keeping his homosexuality and humble upbringing a secret. But while Wade Rouse’s descriptions of the arrogant entitled women in Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler are funny, his ongoing schoolyard wimpiness is frustrating. C+
Posted October 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!