Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'Dancing with the Stars' taps Alexa and Carlos PenaVega
- Box office preview: 'Straight Outta Compton' set for third weekend at the top
- O.J. Simpson documentaries to air on A&E and LMN
- 'Grandfathered' enlists JoAnna Garcia Swisher
- Things look dark in trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie 'Nasty Baby'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!