Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language
- First Look: NBA star Muggsy Bogues cameos on 'Royal Pains'