Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday