Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good