Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A deep dive into season 3 of 'Black Mirror’
- WATCH: Amazon's 'Red Oaks' gets vintage 1985 TV commercial
- 'Timeless': See a script page from the James Bond-inspired episode
- Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard go in for a kiss on new 'Allied' poster
- The men of 'Law & Order: SVU' come together for sexual assault PSA
- Bill Hader, Nicole Byer target ‘the youth’ with voting PSA
- Malcolm Gladwell is Gucci Mane's 'favorite author'