Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kids share their thoughts on marriage equality on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Evangeline Lilly reveals pregnancy on the 'Ant-Man' premiere red carpet
- Julia Roberts seeks justice for an unspeakable murder in 'Secret in Their Eyes'
- Here's a supercut of movie characters flipping the bird
- Jewel goes full '90s and covers Backstreet Boys' 'I Want It That Way'
- Robert Redford calls for action on climate change in passionate speech
- Rick Astley just rick rolled us with 'Uptown Funk'