Director Justin Lin had the good idea of making a movie about the search for an actor to replace Bruce Lee after he died, in 1973, partway through the shooting of Game of Death. Lin then had the very bad idea to stage Finishing the Game as a broad mockumentary, full of tiresomely exaggerated, vainly leering actors with names like Breeze Loo and Troy Poon; they make the contestants on your average reality-dating show look droll. The film completely misses what should have been its real target — the filming of Game of Death, a martial-arts campfest worthy of Edward D. Wood Jr.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Roger Fan, Dustin Nguyen, James Franco, Sung Kang; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Justin Lin; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amber Heard files for divorce from Johnny Depp
- 'Limitless' canceled: CBS drama 'won't continue on any platform'
- 'Dating Naked' returns for season 3 on June 29 with new host
- 'Dear Evan Hansen' to transfer to Broadway
- 'Ghost in the Shell' adds 'Wolverine' actress Rila Fukushima
- Jorge Garcia revisits 'Lost' stomping grounds
- 'Mr. Robot' newscast offers details about hack aftermath