Martin Freeman, from the BBC’s The Office, has just the right semi-stunned mug to play a guy sliding into work-and-love loserdom who finds solace from his undermining girlfriend with a dream woman he encounters in his sleep. The Good Night doesn’t quite comfortably synthesize all the notions writer-director Jake Paltrow wants to play with in his feature debut. But the filmmaker’s got good taste — and luck — in casting. Sister Gwyneth gets therapeutically hard-ass in the dark-haired role of the bad GF, while Penélope Cruz coos and smolders appropriately as the fantasy femme.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Penelope Cruz, Martin Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny DeVito; Director: Jake Paltrow; Author: Jake Paltrow; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Yari Film Group
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Gravity Falls' creator says a revival is 'not inconceivable'
- Adnan Syed is ‘more hopeful’ following post-conviction hearing
- 'SNL': How the 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' sketch came together
- Melissa McCarthy raps her favorite Kanye West song in 'SNL' promos
- Everything you need to know about this year's Academy Award nominees
- Slipknot frontman comments on racism in metal
- USA picks up Ryan Phillippe-starring 'Shooter' to series
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday