Martin Freeman, from the BBC’s The Office, has just the right semi-stunned mug to play a guy sliding into work-and-love loserdom who finds solace from his undermining girlfriend with a dream woman he encounters in his sleep. The Good Night doesn’t quite comfortably synthesize all the notions writer-director Jake Paltrow wants to play with in his feature debut. But the filmmaker’s got good taste — and luck — in casting. Sister Gwyneth gets therapeutically hard-ass in the dark-haired role of the bad GF, while Penélope Cruz coos and smolders appropriately as the fantasy femme.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Penelope Cruz, Martin Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny DeVito; Director: Jake Paltrow; Author: Jake Paltrow; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Yari Film Group
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations