Martin Freeman, from the BBC’s The Office, has just the right semi-stunned mug to play a guy sliding into work-and-love loserdom who finds solace from his undermining girlfriend with a dream woman he encounters in his sleep. The Good Night doesn’t quite comfortably synthesize all the notions writer-director Jake Paltrow wants to play with in his feature debut. But the filmmaker’s got good taste — and luck — in casting. Sister Gwyneth gets therapeutically hard-ass in the dark-haired role of the bad GF, while Penélope Cruz coos and smolders appropriately as the fantasy femme.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Penelope Cruz, Martin Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny DeVito; Director: Jake Paltrow; Author: Jake Paltrow; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Yari Film Group
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters