Martin Freeman, from the BBC’s The Office, has just the right semi-stunned mug to play a guy sliding into work-and-love loserdom who finds solace from his undermining girlfriend with a dream woman he encounters in his sleep. The Good Night doesn’t quite comfortably synthesize all the notions writer-director Jake Paltrow wants to play with in his feature debut. But the filmmaker’s got good taste — and luck — in casting. Sister Gwyneth gets therapeutically hard-ass in the dark-haired role of the bad GF, while Penélope Cruz coos and smolders appropriately as the fantasy femme.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Penelope Cruz, Martin Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny DeVito; Director: Jake Paltrow; Author: Jake Paltrow; Release Date Limited: 10/05/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Yari Film Group
Posted October 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!