Rumors are rampant that NBC honcho Ben Silverman is jonesing for some kind of a spinoff of The Office. The catch? He must first convince executive producer Greg Daniels to do it. Insiders insist it’s all just speculation right now, but such a move would make sense given that The Office — though no ratings juggernaut — is a critical darling and an Emmy magnet. And (notice us bury the lead here) it happens to fit nicely into Silverman’s evident strategy of doing tons of business with Reveille, the company he founded before joining NBC. Reveille is responsible for The Office, as well as many new projects Silverman has ordered since joining the network, including a remake of American Gladiators, a U.S. version of the Aussie comedy Kath and Kim, and an import of the Colombian sudser Sin Tetas: No Hay Paraiso (Without Breasts There Is No Paradise). An NBC spokeswoman declined comment, but if there’s even the remote possibility of this, may we suggest spinning off Darryl (Craig Robinson) and doing a show about the guys in the warehouse? Hilarity guaranteed to ensue!
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:44 PM EST
- You might not make it to the desert, but you can still experience Coachella
- Netflix, Marvel name Cheo Hodari Coker as 'Luke Cage' showrunner
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' finally grunts toward theaters Feb. 19
- Be a nosy neighbor with Led Zeppelin's new, interactive 'Trampled Under Foot' video
- Selena's sister opens up 20 years after the singer's death
- Dancing with the Stars celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the rumba, spray tan and his very special guest
- Check out a preview of David Duchovny's solo album, 'Hell or Highwater'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!