Rumors are rampant that NBC honcho Ben Silverman is jonesing for some kind of a spinoff of The Office. The catch? He must first convince executive producer Greg Daniels to do it. Insiders insist it’s all just speculation right now, but such a move would make sense given that The Office — though no ratings juggernaut — is a critical darling and an Emmy magnet. And (notice us bury the lead here) it happens to fit nicely into Silverman’s evident strategy of doing tons of business with Reveille, the company he founded before joining NBC. Reveille is responsible for The Office, as well as many new projects Silverman has ordered since joining the network, including a remake of American Gladiators, a U.S. version of the Aussie comedy Kath and Kim, and an import of the Colombian sudser Sin Tetas: No Hay Paraiso (Without Breasts There Is No Paradise). An NBC spokeswoman declined comment, but if there’s even the remote possibility of this, may we suggest spinning off Darryl (Craig Robinson) and doing a show about the guys in the warehouse? Hilarity guaranteed to ensue!
Posted October 4 2007 — 12:30 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!