Rumors are rampant that NBC honcho Ben Silverman is jonesing for some kind of a spinoff of The Office. The catch? He must first convince executive producer Greg Daniels to do it. Insiders insist it’s all just speculation right now, but such a move would make sense given that The Office — though no ratings juggernaut — is a critical darling and an Emmy magnet. And (notice us bury the lead here) it happens to fit nicely into Silverman’s evident strategy of doing tons of business with Reveille, the company he founded before joining NBC. Reveille is responsible for The Office, as well as many new projects Silverman has ordered since joining the network, including a remake of American Gladiators, a U.S. version of the Aussie comedy Kath and Kim, and an import of the Colombian sudser Sin Tetas: No Hay Paraiso (Without Breasts There Is No Paradise). An NBC spokeswoman declined comment, but if there’s even the remote possibility of this, may we suggest spinning off Darryl (Craig Robinson) and doing a show about the guys in the warehouse? Hilarity guaranteed to ensue!
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:44 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More