Rumors are rampant that NBC honcho Ben Silverman is jonesing for some kind of a spinoff of The Office. The catch? He must first convince executive producer Greg Daniels to do it. Insiders insist it’s all just speculation right now, but such a move would make sense given that The Office — though no ratings juggernaut — is a critical darling and an Emmy magnet. And (notice us bury the lead here) it happens to fit nicely into Silverman’s evident strategy of doing tons of business with Reveille, the company he founded before joining NBC. Reveille is responsible for The Office, as well as many new projects Silverman has ordered since joining the network, including a remake of American Gladiators, a U.S. version of the Aussie comedy Kath and Kim, and an import of the Colombian sudser Sin Tetas: No Hay Paraiso (Without Breasts There Is No Paradise). An NBC spokeswoman declined comment, but if there’s even the remote possibility of this, may we suggest spinning off Darryl (Craig Robinson) and doing a show about the guys in the warehouse? Hilarity guaranteed to ensue!
Posted October 4 2007 — 12:30 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!