Rumors are rampant that NBC honcho Ben Silverman is jonesing for some kind of a spinoff of The Office. The catch? He must first convince executive producer Greg Daniels to do it. Insiders insist it’s all just speculation right now, but such a move would make sense given that The Office — though no ratings juggernaut — is a critical darling and an Emmy magnet. And (notice us bury the lead here) it happens to fit nicely into Silverman’s evident strategy of doing tons of business with Reveille, the company he founded before joining NBC. Reveille is responsible for The Office, as well as many new projects Silverman has ordered since joining the network, including a remake of American Gladiators, a U.S. version of the Aussie comedy Kath and Kim, and an import of the Colombian sudser Sin Tetas: No Hay Paraiso (Without Breasts There Is No Paradise). An NBC spokeswoman declined comment, but if there’s even the remote possibility of this, may we suggest spinning off Darryl (Craig Robinson) and doing a show about the guys in the warehouse? Hilarity guaranteed to ensue!
Posted October 4 2007 — 12:30 AM EDT
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon re-team for Dubsmash
- Margot Robbie spoofs 'The Big Short' for Red Nose Day
- 'Orange Is the New Black' cast teases season 4 developments
- Neil Young slams Donald Trump for 'misogyny and racism'
- Rebel Wilson dusts David Schwimmer & James Corden in latest rap battle
- 'The Walking Dead' Red Nose Day Special spoof is hilarious
- Key & Peele give away their life savings to help kids for Red Nose Day
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers
- 'Thelma and Louise': Where Are They Now?
- 13 Summer Camps From TV and Movies We Want to Attend