Fine work by the always reliable Linney and a movingly ragged Byrne can?t quite pull this muddle of a morality tale, Jindabyne together. When a group of fishermen find a murdered aboriginal girl, the decision to wait to report it reverberates through their marriages and their Australian town. The tense opening sets the viewer up for a murder mystery?which saps some strength from the meditation on secrets and death that follows. EXTRAS No commentary, but a makingof in which a sunny Linney marvels about shooting a movie with no artificial lighting. B?
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Byrne, Laura Linney, John Howard; Director: Ray Lawrence; Author: Raymond Carver, Beatrix Christian; Release Date Limited: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie
- New 'Rambo' movie in the works without Sylvester Stallone
- 'The Big Lebowski' spin-off first look: John Turturro returns