Fine work by the always reliable Linney and a movingly ragged Byrne can?t quite pull this muddle of a morality tale, Jindabyne together. When a group of fishermen find a murdered aboriginal girl, the decision to wait to report it reverberates through their marriages and their Australian town. The tense opening sets the viewer up for a murder mystery?which saps some strength from the meditation on secrets and death that follows. EXTRAS No commentary, but a makingof in which a sunny Linney marvels about shooting a movie with no artificial lighting. B?
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Gabriel Byrne, Laura Linney, John Howard; Director: Ray Lawrence; Author: Raymond Carver, Beatrix Christian; Release Date Limited: 04/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 123; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 5 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday