Following the movie-to-stage-musical paths of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast (which continue to earn for Disney the kind of money that haunts Scrooge McDuck’s dreams), comes the fish-girl-out-of-water tale The Little Mermaid. Acclaimed theater/opera vet Francesca Zambello is directing the show, which will feature songs from the 1989 movie (including theOscar-winning “Under the Sea”), as well as 10 new songs written by AlanMenken and Glenn Slater. Here is the one of the very first photos from the production, showing the moment when Ariel (Sierra Boggess) sees Prince Eric (Sean Palmer) for the very first time. First impressions, PopWatchers? Any of you planning to catch any of the first Broadway performances, which begin November 3? And who else thinks Mulan would make for a pretty spiffy show?
Posted October 8 2007 — 10:00 AM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale