Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years after hiring a couple of goons to toss lye in his ex-girlfriend’s face. Codirector (and famous damage-control publicist) Dan Klores tells the story via archival footage, interviews with journalists, and candid, witty chats with the couple themselves. The premise may be wacky, but the ending is as tender and charming — and fictional-seeming — as any Hollywood love story. EXTRAS In a commentary, the couple maintain the funny, barbed chemistry they share in the film. A-
Crazy Love Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years...Crazy LoveDocumentaryPT92MPG-13 Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years...2007-10-12Magnolia Pictures
Genre: Documentary; Director: Dan Klores, Fisher Stevens; Release Date Limited: 06/01/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted October 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!