Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years after hiring a couple of goons to toss lye in his ex-girlfriend’s face. Codirector (and famous damage-control publicist) Dan Klores tells the story via archival footage, interviews with journalists, and candid, witty chats with the couple themselves. The premise may be wacky, but the ending is as tender and charming — and fictional-seeming — as any Hollywood love story. EXTRAS In a commentary, the couple maintain the funny, barbed chemistry they share in the film. A-
Crazy Love Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years...Crazy LoveDocumentaryPT92MPG-13 Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years...2007-10-12Magnolia Pictures
Genre: Documentary; Director: Dan Klores, Fisher Stevens; Release Date Limited: 06/01/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted October 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!