Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years after hiring a couple of goons to toss lye in his ex-girlfriend’s face. Codirector (and famous damage-control publicist) Dan Klores tells the story via archival footage, interviews with journalists, and candid, witty chats with the couple themselves. The premise may be wacky, but the ending is as tender and charming — and fictional-seeming — as any Hollywood love story. EXTRAS In a commentary, the couple maintain the funny, barbed chemistry they share in the film. A-
Crazy Love Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years...Crazy LoveDocumentaryPT92MPG-13 Crazy Love is a weirdly affecting documentary about two seriously strange New Yorkers. In 1959, Burt Pugach went to jail for 14 years...2007-10-12Magnolia Pictures
Genre: Documentary; Director: Dan Klores, Fisher Stevens; Release Date Limited: 06/01/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted October 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- VMAs: DJ Khaled, Key and Peele, Jay Pharoah to cover show in lieu of host
- Christoph Waltz in talks for James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Doctor Strange' recruits 'Community' creator Dan Harmon for script assist
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...