Hammering home its eco-message with a mallet, Evan Almighty, the sequel to Bruce Almighty plays like an unholy cross between Oh, God! and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Your kids will think it’s cute (mine did), and animal lovers will coo at the fuzzy li’l mammals boarding the ark two by two. It’s famine for Carell fans, though. The star plods grimly through the film as a congressman — turned — modern-day Noah. EXTRAS Carell looks even more miserable introducing the deleted scenes and blooper reel. At least director Tom Shadyac bought the entire cast and crew bicycles. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, Lauren Graham, Wanda Sykes; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Robert Florsheim, Steve Oedekerk, Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 06/22/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More