Hammering home its eco-message with a mallet, Evan Almighty, the sequel to Bruce Almighty plays like an unholy cross between Oh, God! and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Your kids will think it’s cute (mine did), and animal lovers will coo at the fuzzy li’l mammals boarding the ark two by two. It’s famine for Carell fans, though. The star plods grimly through the film as a congressman — turned — modern-day Noah. EXTRAS Carell looks even more miserable introducing the deleted scenes and blooper reel. At least director Tom Shadyac bought the entire cast and crew bicycles. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, Lauren Graham, Wanda Sykes; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Robert Florsheim, Steve Oedekerk, Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 06/22/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted October 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday