Hammering home its eco-message with a mallet, Evan Almighty, the sequel to Bruce Almighty plays like an unholy cross between Oh, God! and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Your kids will think it’s cute (mine did), and animal lovers will coo at the fuzzy li’l mammals boarding the ark two by two. It’s famine for Carell fans, though. The star plods grimly through the film as a congressman — turned — modern-day Noah. EXTRAS Carell looks even more miserable introducing the deleted scenes and blooper reel. At least director Tom Shadyac bought the entire cast and crew bicycles. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, Lauren Graham, Wanda Sykes; Director: Tom Shadyac; Author: Robert Florsheim, Steve Oedekerk, Josh Stolberg; Release Date Wide: 06/22/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted October 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?