Antiques dealer François (Auteuil) accepts his colleague’s challenge in My Best Friend: introduce her to his best friend within 10 days or give her his precious Greek vase. Problem is, François has no pals. So he hires a gregarious cabbie (Boon) to school him in the fine art of amitié. That he loses the bet but wins a friend sounds like the kind of saccharine Hollywood junk French films are supposed to eschew, right? Luckily, Patrice Leconte (Intimate Strangers) is too deft a director to spoil his dramedy with superficial life lessons. EXTRAS A skippable making-of. B+
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Daniel Auteuil, Julie Gayet, Dany Boon; Director: Patrice Leconte; Author: Patrice Leconte, Jerome Tonnerre; Release Date Limited: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted October 12 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- #TrumpaNovel Trump-ifies your favorite books
- Samira Wiley throws back to the '90s in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Joanna Newsom shares new song 'Make Hay'
- Why Wes Craven's 'Scream' is perfect movie to watch this Halloween
- Run the Jewels return with new single, 'Talk To Me'
- Wayne Brady is a badass in Syfy's 'Aftermath' — exclusive clip
- Buy Tom Hanks' David S. Pumpkins Halloween costume online