Aaron Woolf’s we-are-what-we-eat documentary King Corn is a lively introduction to the corn industrial complex. Like Michael Pollan’s The Omnivore’s Dilemma, it’s about how corn, raised on vast corporate farms, has become the starchy DNA of American diets, whether it’s fattening up cattle or processed into the high-fructose corn syrup that greases everything from soft drinks to spaghetti sauce. Woolf follows two college chums as they go to Iowa to harvest one acre of yellow ears, which they then trace through the system. You’ll be amazed to learn how much corn is in your system. A-
King CornAaron Woolf's we-are-what-we-eat documentary King Corn is a lively introduction to the corn industrial complex. Like Michael Pollan's King CornDocumentaryPT88MUnratedAaron Woolf's we-are-what-we-eat documentary King Corn is a lively introduction to the corn industrial complex. Like Michael Pollan's 2007-10-17Balcony
Genre: Documentary; Director: Aaron Woolf; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Balcony
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!