Now that the frenzied hype/backlash cycle has passed, it’s possible to watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Aaron Sorkin’s failed dramatization of life at an SNL-style show, and see what could have, eventually, become a decent series. Except, yeah, the overbearing schmaltz is still there. EXTRAS Boring commentary and the remnants of a press kit, billed as an ”in-depth” look behind the scenes. Both are unfailingly cheerful, like viewing an ad for the Titanic’s deck chairs after they’ve already hit the ocean floor. C
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford; Series Premiere: 09/18/2006; Broadcaster: NBC; Status: In Season
Posted October 19 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony