In the three years I’ve been reviewing B-fare for EW, I’ve seen horrors, but The Comebacks is probably the worst movie that’s sludged across my professional eyeballs — worse than Daddy Day Camp, Baby Geniuses 2, and BloodRayne. Setting his leading-man career back by 100 yards, Anchorman’s David Koechner plays the coach of a loser gridiron gang in a painfully dumb and laughless send-up of sports-movie clichés that highlights only how atrocious everybody here is at sending up sports-movie clichés. F
Genre: Comedy, Sports; Starring: David Koechner, Carl Weathers, Melora Hardin; Director: Tom Brady; Author: Joey Gutierrez, Ed Yeager; Release Date Wide: 10/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'