In the three years I’ve been reviewing B-fare for EW, I’ve seen horrors, but The Comebacks is probably the worst movie that’s sludged across my professional eyeballs — worse than Daddy Day Camp, Baby Geniuses 2, and BloodRayne. Setting his leading-man career back by 100 yards, Anchorman’s David Koechner plays the coach of a loser gridiron gang in a painfully dumb and laughless send-up of sports-movie clichés that highlights only how atrocious everybody here is at sending up sports-movie clichés. F
Genre: Comedy, Sports; Starring: David Koechner, Carl Weathers, Melora Hardin; Director: Tom Brady; Author: Joey Gutierrez, Ed Yeager; Release Date Wide: 10/19/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday