Forget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director Jonathan Demme creates a gripping meditation on the very hot-button-ness of the Israeli-Palestinian question. Was Carter wrong to analogize Israeli policy with that of white South Africa? That’s Jimmy Carter Man From Plains’ obsessive issue, and it’s galvanizing to see it played out through the furious contradiction of Carter’s personality. He is pious, stubborn, compassionate, testy, moral, unreasonable, and wise. B+
Jimmy Carter Man From PlainsForget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director...Jimmy Carter Man From PlainsDocumentaryPT125MPGForget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director...2007-10-24Sony Pictures Classics
Genre: Documentary; Director: Jonathan Demme; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- See 'Warcraft,' 'Independence Day' toys ahead of Toy Fair 2016
- Kylie Jenner has been filming her own soap opera on Snapchat
- 'Agent Carter' in jeopardy? Hayley Atwell cast in new ABC pilot
- Can you match the movie quote to the romantic love story?
- Hayley Atwell cast in 'Conviction' pilot at ABC
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday