Forget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director Jonathan Demme creates a gripping meditation on the very hot-button-ness of the Israeli-Palestinian question. Was Carter wrong to analogize Israeli policy with that of white South Africa? That’s Jimmy Carter Man From Plains’ obsessive issue, and it’s galvanizing to see it played out through the furious contradiction of Carter’s personality. He is pious, stubborn, compassionate, testy, moral, unreasonable, and wise. B+
Jimmy Carter Man From PlainsForget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director...Jimmy Carter Man From PlainsDocumentaryPT125MPGForget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director...2007-10-24Sony Pictures Classics
Genre: Documentary; Director: Jonathan Demme; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Austin Mahone shares details of 'more mature' debut record
- Sofia Vergara channels Peg Bundy in Instagram post
- Jimmy Kimmel asks L.A. pedestrians if Barack Obama is a muslim
- Hear the melancholic title track off Patty Griffin's new album 'Servant of Love'
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' queens step into 'Golden Girls' shoes in honor of 30th anniversary
- Amanda Peet says Jon Snow's death ended her marriage (she's kidding)
- Meghan Trainor posts update on vocal surgery recovery
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!