Forget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director Jonathan Demme creates a gripping meditation on the very hot-button-ness of the Israeli-Palestinian question. Was Carter wrong to analogize Israeli policy with that of white South Africa? That’s Jimmy Carter Man From Plains’ obsessive issue, and it’s galvanizing to see it played out through the furious contradiction of Carter’s personality. He is pious, stubborn, compassionate, testy, moral, unreasonable, and wise. B+
Jimmy Carter Man From PlainsForget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director...Jimmy Carter Man From PlainsDocumentaryPT125MPGForget the homespun title. As we follow the former president through the media glare of his book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, director...2007-10-24Sony Pictures Classics
Genre: Documentary; Director: Jonathan Demme; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!