This behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together Inland Empire (2006), is as skewed, prismatic, and free of fluff as the man himself. The rumor is that Lynch was directed by Lynch (with fake credits), but either way, it gives us a rare peek at what really goes on behind that golly-gee-willikers mask. We see him throwing tantrums on the set (”We’re freezing our asses off!”), fussing over the details of his art with the hands-on devotion of a medieval craftsman, and winking at the daily performance that is ”David Lynch.” B+
LynchThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together LynchDocumentaryPT84MUnratedThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together 2007-10-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: David Lynch; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'