This behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together Inland Empire (2006), is as skewed, prismatic, and free of fluff as the man himself. The rumor is that Lynch was directed by Lynch (with fake credits), but either way, it gives us a rare peek at what really goes on behind that golly-gee-willikers mask. We see him throwing tantrums on the set (”We’re freezing our asses off!”), fussing over the details of his art with the hands-on devotion of a medieval craftsman, and winking at the daily performance that is ”David Lynch.” B+
LynchThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together LynchDocumentaryPT84MUnratedThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together 2007-10-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: David Lynch; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!