This behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together Inland Empire (2006), is as skewed, prismatic, and free of fluff as the man himself. The rumor is that Lynch was directed by Lynch (with fake credits), but either way, it gives us a rare peek at what really goes on behind that golly-gee-willikers mask. We see him throwing tantrums on the set (”We’re freezing our asses off!”), fussing over the details of his art with the hands-on devotion of a medieval craftsman, and winking at the daily performance that is ”David Lynch.” B+
LynchThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together LynchDocumentaryPT84MUnratedThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together 2007-10-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: David Lynch; Release Date Limited: 10/26/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl tells Foo Fighters crowd the band recorded five new songs
- Beauty and the Beast to end with season 4
- T.I. apologizes for saying a woman can't be president
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now