This behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together Inland Empire (2006), is as skewed, prismatic, and free of fluff as the man himself. The rumor is that Lynch was directed by Lynch (with fake credits), but either way, it gives us a rare peek at what really goes on behind that golly-gee-willikers mask. We see him throwing tantrums on the set (”We’re freezing our asses off!”), fussing over the details of his art with the hands-on devotion of a medieval craftsman, and winking at the daily performance that is ”David Lynch.” B+
LynchThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together LynchDocumentaryPT84MUnratedThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together 2007-10-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: David Lynch; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!