This behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together Inland Empire (2006), is as skewed, prismatic, and free of fluff as the man himself. The rumor is that Lynch was directed by Lynch (with fake credits), but either way, it gives us a rare peek at what really goes on behind that golly-gee-willikers mask. We see him throwing tantrums on the set (”We’re freezing our asses off!”), fussing over the details of his art with the hands-on devotion of a medieval craftsman, and winking at the daily performance that is ”David Lynch.” B+
LynchThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together LynchDocumentaryPT84MUnratedThis behind-the-scenes portrait of David Lynch, shot over the two years it took him to piece together 2007-10-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: David Lynch; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 24 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!