A few weeks ago, the diner across the street from EW’s New York City offices was closed to make room for approximately the 1,275th Duane Reade drugstore in Manhattan, and — what? You don’t care? We sort of thought you might; after all, there’s currently no hotter celeb-spotting locale than the pharmacy. To wit: On Nov. 4, usually discreet Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was collared in a Chicago Walgreens for ”misdemeanor criminal trespassing” at 2:30 in the morning. (But let’s be honest: Who hasn’t caused an after-hours scene at a Walgreens at least once in their life?) Two days earlier, Ellen DeGeneres ran a segment from a CVS, where she gave away money, TiVos, and shopping sprees, and helped women pick out greeting cards — a lovely gesture. Then there are the countless Internet videos of stalkerazzi pursuing Britney Spears through various L.A. Rite Aids, which raises a question: What do people find interesting about a kooky-looking woman wandering linoleum aisles? Last time we checked, every town in America has a drugstore wherein it’s possible to find an equally disheveled — if far less notorious — person doing the exact same thing.
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday