A few weeks ago, the diner across the street from EW’s New York City offices was closed to make room for approximately the 1,275th Duane Reade drugstore in Manhattan, and — what? You don’t care? We sort of thought you might; after all, there’s currently no hotter celeb-spotting locale than the pharmacy. To wit: On Nov. 4, usually discreet Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was collared in a Chicago Walgreens for ”misdemeanor criminal trespassing” at 2:30 in the morning. (But let’s be honest: Who hasn’t caused an after-hours scene at a Walgreens at least once in their life?) Two days earlier, Ellen DeGeneres ran a segment from a CVS, where she gave away money, TiVos, and shopping sprees, and helped women pick out greeting cards — a lovely gesture. Then there are the countless Internet videos of stalkerazzi pursuing Britney Spears through various L.A. Rite Aids, which raises a question: What do people find interesting about a kooky-looking woman wandering linoleum aisles? Last time we checked, every town in America has a drugstore wherein it’s possible to find an equally disheveled — if far less notorious — person doing the exact same thing.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' gets endorsement from News Corp CEO
- BBC America sets summer premiere date for 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell'
- Kellie Pickler covers Tammy Wynette's 'Stand By Your Man'
- Jimmy Kimmel makes fake commercial for Met Gala 'Rihanket'
- 'Chicken Run' director sets up next film
- 'Agents of SHIELD' showcases FitzSimmons: 'S.O.S.' poster art reveal
- Robert Downey Jr. or Tony Stark quotes? Take our 'Who Said It?' quiz
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!