A few weeks ago, the diner across the street from EW’s New York City offices was closed to make room for approximately the 1,275th Duane Reade drugstore in Manhattan, and — what? You don’t care? We sort of thought you might; after all, there’s currently no hotter celeb-spotting locale than the pharmacy. To wit: On Nov. 4, usually discreet Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was collared in a Chicago Walgreens for ”misdemeanor criminal trespassing” at 2:30 in the morning. (But let’s be honest: Who hasn’t caused an after-hours scene at a Walgreens at least once in their life?) Two days earlier, Ellen DeGeneres ran a segment from a CVS, where she gave away money, TiVos, and shopping sprees, and helped women pick out greeting cards — a lovely gesture. Then there are the countless Internet videos of stalkerazzi pursuing Britney Spears through various L.A. Rite Aids, which raises a question: What do people find interesting about a kooky-looking woman wandering linoleum aisles? Last time we checked, every town in America has a drugstore wherein it’s possible to find an equally disheveled — if far less notorious — person doing the exact same thing.
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!