A few weeks ago, the diner across the street from EW’s New York City offices was closed to make room for approximately the 1,275th Duane Reade drugstore in Manhattan, and — what? You don’t care? We sort of thought you might; after all, there’s currently no hotter celeb-spotting locale than the pharmacy. To wit: On Nov. 4, usually discreet Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was collared in a Chicago Walgreens for ”misdemeanor criminal trespassing” at 2:30 in the morning. (But let’s be honest: Who hasn’t caused an after-hours scene at a Walgreens at least once in their life?) Two days earlier, Ellen DeGeneres ran a segment from a CVS, where she gave away money, TiVos, and shopping sprees, and helped women pick out greeting cards — a lovely gesture. Then there are the countless Internet videos of stalkerazzi pursuing Britney Spears through various L.A. Rite Aids, which raises a question: What do people find interesting about a kooky-looking woman wandering linoleum aisles? Last time we checked, every town in America has a drugstore wherein it’s possible to find an equally disheveled — if far less notorious — person doing the exact same thing.
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...