You sometimes wish Judith Jones had delved deeper in her culinary memoir, The Tenth Muse; Laura Schenone goes to the opposite extreme in her lovely but rambling memoir, The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken. (Gotta love that title.) ”I wanted something Enduring — a recipe of my own that did not come from a cookbook or a culinary expert on a television show,” Schenone writes of her decision, in midlife, to track down her family’s hallowed ravioli recipe. But when a relative sent her the ingredient list, she was appalled to see supermarket cream cheese. Her quest for a more ”authentic” ravioli takes Schenone from suburban New Jersey to the Ligurian mountains with countless digressions — some scintillating, others less so — on chestnut flour, the deeper meaning of dumplings, and the vicissitudes of marriage. B
The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken You sometimes wish Judith Jones had delved deeper in her culinary memoir, The Tenth Muse; Laura Schenone goes to the opposite extreme in her...The Lost Ravioli Recipes of HobokenMemoir, NonfictionLaura Schenone You sometimes wish Judith Jones had delved deeper in her culinary memoir, The Tenth Muse; Laura Schenone goes to the opposite extreme in her...2007-11-09W.W. Norton
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Laura Schenone; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!