You sometimes wish Judith Jones had delved deeper in her culinary memoir, The Tenth Muse; Laura Schenone goes to the opposite extreme in her lovely but rambling memoir, The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken. (Gotta love that title.) ”I wanted something Enduring — a recipe of my own that did not come from a cookbook or a culinary expert on a television show,” Schenone writes of her decision, in midlife, to track down her family’s hallowed ravioli recipe. But when a relative sent her the ingredient list, she was appalled to see supermarket cream cheese. Her quest for a more ”authentic” ravioli takes Schenone from suburban New Jersey to the Ligurian mountains with countless digressions — some scintillating, others less so — on chestnut flour, the deeper meaning of dumplings, and the vicissitudes of marriage. B
The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken You sometimes wish Judith Jones had delved deeper in her culinary memoir, The Tenth Muse; Laura Schenone goes to the opposite extreme in her...The Lost Ravioli Recipes of HobokenMemoir, NonfictionLaura Schenone You sometimes wish Judith Jones had delved deeper in her culinary memoir, The Tenth Muse; Laura Schenone goes to the opposite extreme in her...2007-11-09W.W. Norton
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Laura Schenone; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!