Yes, Rosie O’Donnell is ”talking to an unidentified television network about a possible show. They told me not to mention this show, so I’m not mentioning it.” But the erstwhile View moderator — who is referring to reports that MSNBC is courting her for a prime-time program — had plenty to say on other topics as she opened the New York Comedy Festival at Lincoln Center on Nov. 6. The full house was rewarded with riffs on everything from O’Donnell’s sympathy for Britney Spears (”I want her to come live with me, but I have to stop saying that; I’m a 45-year-old lesbian”) to her hatred for President Bush. And in case you’re wondering (of course you are), there were only a few dismissive View references (”It’s over, so don’t ask”). The audience also got a surprise visitor: Roseanne Barr joined O’Donnell on stage and joked, ”I know you’re saying, ‘What has a has-been of your magnitude been up to?”’ (Her answer: performing on gay cruises.) The two capped the night with a foulmouthed duet of ”I Got You Babe.” ”I’ve always wanted to do a variety show with you,” O’Donnell told Barr. Now, there’s an idea for MSNBC.
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wall Street Journal to publish first chapter of Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman'
- Will this be Hollywood's biggest box-office year ever?
- See Amy Schumer audition for 'The Real Housewives' of any city
- Edward Burns ventures into 1967 New York in 'Public Morals' trailer
- Dustin Hoffman rips the current state of movies: 'It's the worst that film has ever been'
- Stephen Colbert will be on next 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- The Good Wife scoop: Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as new series regular
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!