Yes, Rosie O’Donnell is ”talking to an unidentified television network about a possible show. They told me not to mention this show, so I’m not mentioning it.” But the erstwhile View moderator — who is referring to reports that MSNBC is courting her for a prime-time program — had plenty to say on other topics as she opened the New York Comedy Festival at Lincoln Center on Nov. 6. The full house was rewarded with riffs on everything from O’Donnell’s sympathy for Britney Spears (”I want her to come live with me, but I have to stop saying that; I’m a 45-year-old lesbian”) to her hatred for President Bush. And in case you’re wondering (of course you are), there were only a few dismissive View references (”It’s over, so don’t ask”). The audience also got a surprise visitor: Roseanne Barr joined O’Donnell on stage and joked, ”I know you’re saying, ‘What has a has-been of your magnitude been up to?”’ (Her answer: performing on gay cruises.) The two capped the night with a foulmouthed duet of ”I Got You Babe.” ”I’ve always wanted to do a variety show with you,” O’Donnell told Barr. Now, there’s an idea for MSNBC.
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jewel announces new album
- Vicious Brothers to direct script by writer of 'You're Next,' 'The Guest'
- Check out behind-the-scenes footage from 'Bad Blood' music video
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- TIFF announces all-star lineup for 2015
- Michael Jackson's white glove is up for auction for $20,000
- How one comic book is tackling female sexuality in totally new ways
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!