Yes, Rosie O’Donnell is ”talking to an unidentified television network about a possible show. They told me not to mention this show, so I’m not mentioning it.” But the erstwhile View moderator — who is referring to reports that MSNBC is courting her for a prime-time program — had plenty to say on other topics as she opened the New York Comedy Festival at Lincoln Center on Nov. 6. The full house was rewarded with riffs on everything from O’Donnell’s sympathy for Britney Spears (”I want her to come live with me, but I have to stop saying that; I’m a 45-year-old lesbian”) to her hatred for President Bush. And in case you’re wondering (of course you are), there were only a few dismissive View references (”It’s over, so don’t ask”). The audience also got a surprise visitor: Roseanne Barr joined O’Donnell on stage and joked, ”I know you’re saying, ‘What has a has-been of your magnitude been up to?”’ (Her answer: performing on gay cruises.) The two capped the night with a foulmouthed duet of ”I Got You Babe.” ”I’ve always wanted to do a variety show with you,” O’Donnell told Barr. Now, there’s an idea for MSNBC.
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers