Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch’s dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller’s stratospherically expensive Manhattan restaurant. Both a sparkling stylist and the sassy heroine of her own narrative, Damrosch balances the sweet (her romance with a sommelier) and the tart (”More people throw up in the dining room of Per Se than your average college bar”) in a fun, if slightly tame, exposé. As in all these memoirs, the food is tantalizing, but what keeps you at Damrosch’s table is the writing. A-
Service Included Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch's dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller's stratospherically expensive Manhattan...Service IncludedNonfiction, MemoirPhoebe Damrosch Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch's dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller's stratospherically expensive Manhattan...2007-11-09William Morrow
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Phoebe Damrosch; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jimmy Fallon disses Chris Christie during sketch about Republican debate
- Taylor Swift announces next single, makes our 'dreams' come true
- Julie Andrews to direct production of 'My Fair Lady'
- Jon Stewart provides one last overview of the 2016 presidential race
- Meek Mill debuts new rap about Drake during latest tour stop
- NBC reveals newcomer playing Dorothy in 'The Wiz'
- 'Castle' bosses reveal Beckett’s new job