Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch’s dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller’s stratospherically expensive Manhattan restaurant. Both a sparkling stylist and the sassy heroine of her own narrative, Damrosch balances the sweet (her romance with a sommelier) and the tart (”More people throw up in the dining room of Per Se than your average college bar”) in a fun, if slightly tame, exposé. As in all these memoirs, the food is tantalizing, but what keeps you at Damrosch’s table is the writing. A-
Service Included Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch's dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller's stratospherically expensive Manhattan...Service IncludedNonfiction, MemoirPhoebe Damrosch Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch's dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller's stratospherically expensive Manhattan...2007-11-09William Morrow
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Phoebe Damrosch; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 'Survivor Talk': Stephen and Ciera critique each other's games
- New honest trailer points out how 'Minions' is kind of like 'Joey'
- Digital stars call for YouTube to delete Sam Pepper's channel
- Fox responds to reports of bear rape in 'The Revenant'
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: Black Friday gets bloody