Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch’s dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller’s stratospherically expensive Manhattan restaurant. Both a sparkling stylist and the sassy heroine of her own narrative, Damrosch balances the sweet (her romance with a sommelier) and the tart (”More people throw up in the dining room of Per Se than your average college bar”) in a fun, if slightly tame, exposé. As in all these memoirs, the food is tantalizing, but what keeps you at Damrosch’s table is the writing. A-
Service Included Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch's dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller's stratospherically expensive Manhattan...Service IncludedNonfiction, MemoirPhoebe Damrosch Service Included is Phoebe Damrosch's dishy account of waitressing at Per Se, Thomas Keller's stratospherically expensive Manhattan...2007-11-09William Morrow
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Phoebe Damrosch; Status: In Season; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!