”As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain’t going to happen,” Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of Eating Dangerously. ”I’m not a six foot two achingly cool New York chef who’ll devour anything in his sight.” Maybe not, but Prince Charles’ stepson is a bracingly funny writer who nudges Bourdain’s shtick in his own appealing direction. Whether he’s choking down dog stew in Korea or sipping cobra bile in China, Parker Bowles imbues his odyssey with self-deprecatory wit and sensitivity that make this travelogue a rare treat. A-
The Year of Eating Dangerously ''As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain't going to happen,'' Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of...The Year of Eating DangerouslyNonfiction, MemoirTom Parker Bowles ''As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain't going to happen,'' Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of...2007-11-09St. Martin's Press
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Tom Parker Bowles; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!