”As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain’t going to happen,” Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of Eating Dangerously. ”I’m not a six foot two achingly cool New York chef who’ll devour anything in his sight.” Maybe not, but Prince Charles’ stepson is a bracingly funny writer who nudges Bourdain’s shtick in his own appealing direction. Whether he’s choking down dog stew in Korea or sipping cobra bile in China, Parker Bowles imbues his odyssey with self-deprecatory wit and sensitivity that make this travelogue a rare treat. A-
The Year of Eating Dangerously ''As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain't going to happen,'' Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of...The Year of Eating DangerouslyNonfiction, MemoirTom Parker Bowles ''As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain't going to happen,'' Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of...2007-11-09St. Martin's Press
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Tom Parker Bowles; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rihanna's BBHMM track co-produced by Kanye West
- Are your old Harry Potter books worth anything?
- Watch Blur's first ever performance of 'Go Out' off 'The Magic Whip' -- exclusive
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- Zayn Malik speaks out about leaving One Direction
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!