”As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain’t going to happen,” Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of Eating Dangerously. ”I’m not a six foot two achingly cool New York chef who’ll devour anything in his sight.” Maybe not, but Prince Charles’ stepson is a bracingly funny writer who nudges Bourdain’s shtick in his own appealing direction. Whether he’s choking down dog stew in Korea or sipping cobra bile in China, Parker Bowles imbues his odyssey with self-deprecatory wit and sensitivity that make this travelogue a rare treat. A-
The Year of Eating Dangerously ''As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain't going to happen,'' Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of...The Year of Eating DangerouslyNonfiction, MemoirTom Parker Bowles ''As much as I want to be Anthony Bourdain, it ain't going to happen,'' Tatler columnist Tom Parker Bowles announces in The Year of...2007-11-09St. Martin's Press
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Tom Parker Bowles; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted November 9 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' promo reveals heartbreaking death
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch