After the damp squib of a Euro trip that was Ocean?s Twelve, director Steven Soderbergh and Co. clearly concluded that what happens in Vegas not only stays in Vegas — it’s less likely to stink. They were right. In addition to its Sin City setting, the second sequel, Ocean’s Thirteen, benefits from Al Pacino’s slithering turn as an odious hotelier, the comedic rapport of Casey Affleck and Scott Caan, and some fabulously stupid fake facial hair. EXTRAS Disappointing: a perfunctory set tour, a dull-given-thesubject Vegas doc, and a clutch of okay-ish deleted scenes. B
(Melinda Sue Gordon)
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Al Pacino, Brad Pitt; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Release Date Wide: 06/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!