After the damp squib of a Euro trip that was Ocean?s Twelve, director Steven Soderbergh and Co. clearly concluded that what happens in Vegas not only stays in Vegas — it’s less likely to stink. They were right. In addition to its Sin City setting, the second sequel, Ocean’s Thirteen, benefits from Al Pacino’s slithering turn as an odious hotelier, the comedic rapport of Casey Affleck and Scott Caan, and some fabulously stupid fake facial hair. EXTRAS Disappointing: a perfunctory set tour, a dull-given-thesubject Vegas doc, and a clutch of okay-ish deleted scenes. B
(Melinda Sue Gordon)
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Al Pacino, Brad Pitt; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Release Date Wide: 06/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall