After the damp squib of a Euro trip that was Ocean?s Twelve, director Steven Soderbergh and Co. clearly concluded that what happens in Vegas not only stays in Vegas — it’s less likely to stink. They were right. In addition to its Sin City setting, the second sequel, Ocean’s Thirteen, benefits from Al Pacino’s slithering turn as an odious hotelier, the comedic rapport of Casey Affleck and Scott Caan, and some fabulously stupid fake facial hair. EXTRAS Disappointing: a perfunctory set tour, a dull-given-thesubject Vegas doc, and a clutch of okay-ish deleted scenes. B
(Melinda Sue Gordon)
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Al Pacino, Brad Pitt; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Brian Koppelman, David Levien; Release Date Wide: 06/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 11 2007 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Timberlake is dropping 'Can't Stop the Feeling' on Friday
- 'Survivor: Kaôh Rōng': The majority alliance begins to crumble
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Family Guy' mocks Donald Trump as 'dumb loudmouth' in Emmy mailer
- 'Fuller House' cast shares photos from first day back on set
- Andrew Garfield to star in crime thriller from 'It Follows' director