Tom Cruise’s latest flick, Valkyrie, is set in Nazi Germany, and it’s not a comedy, so why does its new trailer (embedded below, or streaming in a higher-quality clip at Yahoo) leave me snickering? Is it the eye patch? Or the way the lightning crashes as Cruise declares “We have to kill Hitler” in his Serious Thespian Voice? Maybe it’s that awful line, “When the S.S. catch you, they will pull you apart like warm bread.” (Mission: Carbs!) Or maybe I can no longer separate the tabloid staple from the actor. Whatever the case may be, I’m kind of wondering — especially in the face of Lions for Lambs bombing this weekend — how many other folks share my inability to take Tom Cruise seriously anymore?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside the ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!