Tom Cruise’s latest flick, Valkyrie, is set in Nazi Germany, and it’s not a comedy, so why does its new trailer (embedded below, or streaming in a higher-quality clip at Yahoo) leave me snickering? Is it the eye patch? Or the way the lightning crashes as Cruise declares “We have to kill Hitler” in his Serious Thespian Voice? Maybe it’s that awful line, “When the S.S. catch you, they will pull you apart like warm bread.” (Mission: Carbs!) Or maybe I can no longer separate the tabloid staple from the actor. Whatever the case may be, I’m kind of wondering — especially in the face of Lions for Lambs bombing this weekend — how many other folks share my inability to take Tom Cruise seriously anymore?
Posted November 12 2007 — 4:57 PM EST
- What's the word on the return of 'The X-Files'?
- 'Teen Wolf' cast teases new big bad at New York Comic Con
- What we learned from the 'Shadowhunters' panel at Comic-Con
- Vin Diesel shares the tragic reason why he takes stunts so seriously
- Bryan Cranston wants to play a ‘nasty’ Marvel villain
- Rashida Jones would totally duet with Adam Levine on 'The Voice'
- Jennifer Morrison talks 'Once Upon a Time' at New York Comic-Con