Tom Cruise’s latest flick, Valkyrie, is set in Nazi Germany, and it’s not a comedy, so why does its new trailer (embedded below, or streaming in a higher-quality clip at Yahoo) leave me snickering? Is it the eye patch? Or the way the lightning crashes as Cruise declares “We have to kill Hitler” in his Serious Thespian Voice? Maybe it’s that awful line, “When the S.S. catch you, they will pull you apart like warm bread.” (Mission: Carbs!) Or maybe I can no longer separate the tabloid staple from the actor. Whatever the case may be, I’m kind of wondering — especially in the face of Lions for Lambs bombing this weekend — how many other folks share my inability to take Tom Cruise seriously anymore?
Posted November 12 2007 — 4:57 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles